Pages





Wednesday 9 June 2010

Summer Plans



Summer is finally here and that makes me very happy. I love summer in Norway! Correction: I love summer in Norway when it isn't raining like today. It never really gets dark - it feels like late afternoon until past midnight so I never want to go to bed. Nothing beats a nice summer evening on the terrace or in the garden with a glass of red wine and a soft. lovely blanket.

The summer is also the season when we take out most of our holiday.

I have some very eco-friendly plans for this summer's holiday. It isn't only eco-friendly but also wallet-friendly. It is actually free!



I have managed to reserve a week off at one of my company's cabins in the mountain. It is free and I dont have to fly anywhere, in other words reducing my personal CO2 emission.

There will be a whole week of enjoying nature, hiking, swimming, maybe canoeing and horse-back riding as well. I hope to bring people that I enjoy spending time with and of course lots of nice food and drinks.


From Rustad Hotel's website


My other plan for this summer is redecorating the living room and the entrance in our flat. We moved in here in February this year, but we still have not had the time to freshen it up. It is a relatively old building, however the bulding it self has been upgraded and refurbished and so has parts of our flat, but not everything. There are floors and walls that need to be painted. I have already started to look at "Project redecorating", and I am tying to find as eco-friendly products as possible. I do at least hope that I will find products that are labelled with the Nordic eco label.


0 comments:

Post a Comment