Pages





Friday 19 March 2010

The Nighthawk Diner | First time

How about that, an American 30s diner in Oslo.


We decided to try out this new pheonomenon, called The Nighthawk Diner, last Sunday. Finding the telephone number in order to book a table proved harder than the usual; punch in a google search. When we eventually found the number and called the diner, we were told that they weren't taking any table reservations until the coming week.


I was really craving a burger and a chocolate milkshake, and after queing for 20-30 minutes we were shown to our booth. I was very excited!


...and so very terribly disappointed when I was told by the waitress who sounded very American, that they didn't have milkshakes (yet). They could offer softdrinks (boring), some draught beers and cocktails (that just doesn't feel right in a diner).


Well, I got my burger and a soft drink. My burger (grassfed beef) was perfectly prepared (rare as ordered) with fries and chipotle mayo. I felt quite satisfied despite the fact that I didn't get my shake. This only means, that I have to go there again as soon as they are up and running properly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment