Pages





Wednesday 5 May 2010

The Garden Project

Yes, you heard me right. We have started our own gardening project - a very small gardening project, but nevertheless a project involving gardening.

My fingers are not at all green and I generally do not enjoy too close contact with nature. I know, some of you may think it is somewhat ironic since I support everything organic and am a spokeswoman for organic products, but I don't think there are any conflicting beliefs here (!) I just enjoy some of the advances of modernity/post-modernity/post-post-modernity - electricity, proper housing, technology - you get my point right?


Mr. T got all excited about Tomatillo seeds at the Gardening store. We are both fans of Mexican food, i.e. not Norwegian-style tex mex Tacos (although they are tasty at times as well, but kind of tasty in the same way that pizza-on-the-door is tasty sometimes). It is impossible to get fresh Tomatillos in Norway and they are often used when cooking Mexican food. It would be fabulous if we could grow them ourselves.

I decided to try chilis. Most chili plants require to be put in greenhouses, so my choices were limited. I did however find one type, not a very spicy type, that may grow inside. We don't have a terrace, nor a garden so there is only really the window in our living room. It faces south so there should be plenty of sun as long as it doesn't snow during spring and summer (like yesterday - one of the glorious things you have to live with here in the North - Snow in May).
This must be the most organic method of obtaining this type of food considering that they are usually grown on the other side of the world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment